What’s my vision for my life?
The vision I have for my life consists of an abundance of love and a higher state of consciousness where I’m fully aware of when my ego is at play and I can catch it fast enough so that my higher self can take control. I want to be a guiding light to those around me and be an example of someone who has embodied their own definition of an abundant life.
What is abundance to me?
Abundance is being grateful for what you have in this moment, right now. It’s seeing the miracle that life is, being proud of who you are, where you have come from and what you have gone through to get here. Abundance is forgiving yourself and others for the past and choosing to look ahead with love and compassion. Abundance is feeling the presence of your loved ones no matter where you are. Abundance is loving yourself completely, especially your flaws and insecurities. Abundance is mental and physical health so that I can continue on this spiritual path, see the world, contribute what I can to the world and evolve as much as I possibly can.
Who must I become in order to manifest this vision?
- I must become a person who is so in-tune with herself that she can clearly hear her inner-voice and take focused action.
- I must become a person whose self-esteem and self-confidence is based on hard-work, dedication, perseverance and pure and honest love for herself.
- I must become a person with high self-esteem, self-confidence and self-love.
- I must become a person whose desire and need to help others is stronger than her insecurities, fears and limiting beliefs.
- I must practice courage and patience
- I must become a person who is ok with mistakes. In fact, I must encourage them because nothing great came out without multiple ‘failures’ which are just iterations.
- I must become a person who chooses love over all else.
What do I already have that supports this vision?
- I have enough faith in myself to know that I will return to love even when I lose my way because of fear, hate, lust, depression, etc… I have been down that hole enough times to know that I can and will get myself out. And I will come out stronger, wiser and more determined to continue on my journey. I know not to fear any obstacles. In fact, it will always turn out in my favor because I won’t have it any other way.
- I have the gift of time
- I have the perseverance and belief to make it happen.
- I’m a positive, optimistic person for the most part who wants to look at the bright side.
- I have a loving support system around me that I can fall back on and that’s something I utterly cherish
- I have a big enough heart to take me to where I need to go.
- I have so much love and compassion to give.
What am I willing to let go of?
- I am willing to let go of perfection. There is no such thing, nor would I want such a thing. It’s my imperfections and insecurities that have gotten me to this point in life. Without them I would have never had the urge to learn and grow.
- I am willing to let go of the expectation that I can completely overcome my ego. I understand that it is a part of me and it is a great guide for my spiritual path… in fact, it is the best guide, it has caused so much suffering which pushed me to make some amazing changes in my life. I choose to embrace and show loving-kindness toward it because I would not be here traveling Southeast Asia if it weren’t for my (annoying) side-kick.
- I am willing to let go of the walls that I have built when it comes to romance. I have been hurt because I did not know better at the time, but now I do and it is not serving me to keep these walls up. I am preventing myself from really connecting with people and fully loving. I want to love as if I’ve never been hurt before.
- I am willing to let go of my fears and limiting beliefs about myself (I’m not good enough, who am I to think I can succeed?, Why would anyone listen to me?, What do I know?) and recognize that that is coming from my ego trying to protect me from ‘failure.’
What am I grateful for?
- My breath
- To be alive
- To be me
- For my health
- To be able to travel and see the world
- To have family and friends that support and love me
- For art and creativity
- For language so I can express myself and connect with others
- For nature
- For moments where I’m in awe of the world
- For moments where I feel overwhelming joy and happiness to be living the life I am living
- For everything that has happened prior to this trip that has made it possible
- For everyone that has molded me into the person I am today
- For podcasts
- For music
- For coffee
- For mango and sticky rice
- For cafe’s
- For simple pleasures
- For signs from the universe
- For 2nd chances
- For my intuition and inner light